Re: Quickly finding large primes

Besides the proof is trivial that given

p^2 - 2 = 0 mod p

factors of p^2 - 2 can only be primes with a quadratic residue of 2.

Of course, the proof is *also* trivial that given

p^2 - 2 = 0 mod p

then p *equals* 2.

I think it's funny that James is too dumb to notice this!

  • Re: Ches got nothin on *this* revolutionary...
    ... And the funny ... thing is, as soon as his PMS rant got noticed and gained attention, he ... All those houses torn down and all those trees ... dumb to go fishing to catch something to feed themselves or their ...
    (rec.music.artists.kiss)
  • Re: YAY James!
    ... He couldn't stick to a simple plan to throw the challenge because his ... overblown ego prevented it. ... Your hatred of James is really very apparent. ... He has done some dumb things, but to me, at ...
    (alt.tv.survivor)
  • Re: MFWs September humor award...
    ... aka http://tinyurl.com/frupe ... But not nearly as funny as this month's winner's contribution of: ... I can't believe that Mr James just went ahead with the Humour Award ... I think Mr James has certainly alienated the left wing and most probably the ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)
  • Re: MFWs September humor award...
    ... aka http://tinyurl.com/frupe ... But not nearly as funny as this month's winner's contribution of: ... That sort of decision should be made by the Humour Committee. ... I can't believe that Mr James just went ahead with the Humour Award without ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)