Re: Weakness of Feistel ciphers

In article <7xvet5juun.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Paul Rubin <> wrote:
kim@xxxxxxxxxxx (Kim G. S. Øyhus) writes:
Anyway, I must use a cryptographic PRNG, since it must be invertible.

What are you talking about? You mean you need a block cipher? Use AES.

That is why I had to construct them myself. I had planned on never
disigning a cipher, but here I am.

Don't even think of designing your own cipher. Use AES.

I do not know of any usable ciphers having the properties I need,
hence I had to construct it myself. Sorry I cannot tell you more.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Another Dumb Idea for Debunking...
    ... would say to use a modern cipher like AES. ... block cipher work like a stream cipher (if that's what you really ... If one is designing a stream cypher, ...
  • Re: Block/Byte Sequence Cipher 1 (BSC1): Substitution-permutation cipher with only 8-Bit ali
    ... vulnerable against reused key and bit-flipping attacks. ... AES) and Block modes ... nonmalleability of common block cipher modes. ... such as the secure AES and the even more secure Anubis Block Cipher. ...
  • Re: Only people who originally frequent sci.crypt reply to this
    ... The mode of a cipher is one of the many, ... you need to get right in order to turn a secure algorithm into a secure ... there are no known attacks against AES. ... attack of any kind against a cipher, ...
  • Re: Is a cryptographic monoculture hurting us all?
    ... AES may well remain secure for a while but it could be broken in the ... Or worse you get protocol attacks like the GSM. ... centeralisation means that the cipher has gotta be damn tough to break. ... safe that are roughly equal in strength. ...
  • Quadruple Algorithms
    ... occurring" (a fatal flaw being found in AES, ... the most likely attack on your entire system, ... Threat one: Your implementation of AES has an undiscovered ... with the output of one cipher feeding ...