Re: AES Timing Attack Implementation & Karl Malbrain code...

BRG wrote:
rohit wrote:
Dear All,

I was analysing Cache-timing attacks on AES by Daniel J. Bernstein, and
tried running the source posted by Karl Malbrain at following URL:

http://www.geocities.com/malbrain/aestable_c.html

This code implements AES without using large tables. It will be very
slow but will not (typically) be vulnerable to the DJB attack since this
depends on a lot of cache space being used for tables.

The encryption timing results are 130 cycles per byte for a large table
C version, and 229 cycles per byte for the immune small table C
version. I believe the current BRG assembly code runs about 30 cycles
per byte.

karl m

  • Re: AES Timing Attack Implementation & Karl Malbrain code...
    ... tried running the source posted by Karl Malbrain at following URL: ... This code implements AES without using large tables. ... and 229 cycles per byte for the immune small table C ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Dont use S-boxes!
    ... > karl malbrain wrote: ... > implementations of AES on modern Intel x86 family processors. ... version 12.00.8804 is one such compiler. ... code and there are no data-dependent jumps. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Generating Prepaid Card Numbers
    ... BRG wrote: ... As for you alternative pseudo RNG, where can I can find more ... A google on AES and CRT turned up nothing that jumped out at me ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: C v. Ada (was Buffer Overruns)
    ... "BRG" wrote in message ... > karl malbrain wrote: ... market in an implementation that offers "safety & security" that using Ada ...
    (sci.crypt)