Re: Complex Theoretical One Way Hash Question

Matthew Harrison wrote:
Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:
2. Is it feasible ?

No, as it would allow to create a collision, violating the goal of a
cryptographic hash.

You must have misunderstood what I was asking ... I'm not asking for a
hash that creates the same result from two different images.

OK, then your problem is that a hash doesn't omit any information about
the hashed content, so you'd need to do brute-force searching.

However - I've got stuff at this end that detects them ... (see the
e-mail address above).

So then: why do you do such stupid modifications? It's just a harassment
for the people willing to reply.

  • Re: Complex Theoretical One Way Hash Question
    ... Sebastian Gottschalk wrote: ... cryptographic hash. ... You must have misunderstood what I was asking ... ... I'm not asking for a hash that creates the same result from two different images. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Complex Theoretical One Way Hash Question
    ... ink wrote: ... You must have misunderstood what I was asking ... ... I'm not asking for a hash that creates the same result from two different images. ... put the hash code on the image canvas unless you calculate ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Complex Theoretical One Way Hash Question
    ... No, as it would allow to create a collision, violating the goal of a ... cryptographic hash. ... hash that creates the same result from two different images. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Complex Theoretical One Way Hash Question
    ... No, as it would allow to create a collision, violating the goal of a ... You must have misunderstood what I was asking ... ... hash that creates the same result from two different images. ... put the hash code on the image canvas unless you calculate ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Need Graph Isomorphism Algorithm De-bunked
    ... to the order of the inputs, but still collision ... We make use of a cryptographic hash function ... Compute cryptographic hash of the n values A ... Result is unchanged under graph isomorphism. ...
    (sci.crypt)