Re: Complex Theoretical One Way Hash Question

ink wrote:
/delurk
thanks :)

Sorry, but isn't that the snake biting its own tail? You can't
put the hash code on the image canvas unless you calculate
it, and you can't calculate it unless you put it on the canvas
first...

Firstly - snakes can bite their own tails...

Secondly - I was looking at an algorithm, possibly one that did the two together.

That is, progressively calculated the hash, as it was modifying the picture.

I know that algorithm doesn't exist, was more looking for advice on if it was possible to do that.

--
Pinging self [127.0.0.1] with 32 bites of banana cake:

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:
Slices: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

  • Re: Hash system for licensing scheme
    ... data and then verify the hash without access to the original hashing ... For example, I want to compute a hash code based on some data, then ... able to verify if the hash is correct without actually containing the ... hashing algorithm. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Why my java code is THAT slow compared too C++?
    ... It is vastly more important that the hash code produce a good answer than that it be ultra quick. ... The original poster didn't know about the embedded hash code at the time of writing the original code. ... Given the likelihood of collisions with the first algorithm, that is a very good candidate for causing the increased performance. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Why my java code is THAT slow compared too C++?
    ... that he was using an inefficient algorithm. ... the hash code computation wasn't as cheap as it might ... I see your point - I must have misunderstood the first time round. ... I used a red black tree, but any balanced tree should be ok. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: System.Security.Cryptography.SHA256
    ... > We have the SHA-256 algorithm implemented in some C code that is compiled ... > application produced the hash code value in 12 seconds. ... Was this running in the IDE in debug mode, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)