Re: Complex Theoretical One Way Hash Question

"Matthew Harrison" wrote > Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:
2. Is it feasible ?

No, as it would allow to create a collision, violating the goal of a
cryptographic hash.

You must have misunderstood what I was asking ... I'm not asking for a
hash that creates the same result from two different images.

I'm looking at creating a one way hash as normal (with minimal
collisions), but ensuring that the resulting hash result is that of the
modified image.
<SNIP>

/delurk

Sorry, but isn't that the snake biting its own tail? You can't
put the hash code on the image canvas unless you calculate
it, and you can't calculate it unless you put it on the canvas
first...

Cheers,
ink

/lurk