Re: Complex Theoretical One Way Hash Question

Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:
2. Is it feasible ?

No, as it would allow to create a collision, violating the goal of a
cryptographic hash.

You must have misunderstood what I was asking ... I'm not asking for a hash that creates the same result from two different images.

I'm looking at creating a one way hash as normal (with minimal collisions), but ensuring that the resulting hash result is that of the modified image.

That is - the resulting hash will not be that of the unmodified image.

hehe... spammers have automated such replacements since years! ;-D

However - I've got stuff at this end that detects them ... (see the e-mail address above).

--
Pinging self [127.0.0.1] with 32 bites of banana cake:

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:
Slices: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),
.