Re: Complex Theoretical One Way Hash Question

Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:
2. Is it feasible ?

No, as it would allow to create a collision, violating the goal of a
cryptographic hash.

You must have misunderstood what I was asking ... I'm not asking for a hash that creates the same result from two different images.

I'm looking at creating a one way hash as normal (with minimal collisions), but ensuring that the resulting hash result is that of the modified image.

That is - the resulting hash will not be that of the unmodified image.

hehe... spammers have automated such replacements since years! ;-D

However - I've got stuff at this end that detects them ... (see the e-mail address above).

--
Pinging self [127.0.0.1] with 32 bites of banana cake:

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:
Slices: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

  • Re: Complex Theoretical One Way Hash Question
    ... No, as it would allow to create a collision, violating the goal of a ... cryptographic hash. ... You must have misunderstood what I was asking ... ... hash that creates the same result from two different images. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Complex Theoretical One Way Hash Question
    ... ink wrote: ... You must have misunderstood what I was asking ... ... I'm not asking for a hash that creates the same result from two different images. ... put the hash code on the image canvas unless you calculate ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Complex Theoretical One Way Hash Question
    ... No, as it would allow to create a collision, violating the goal of a ... You must have misunderstood what I was asking ... ... hash that creates the same result from two different images. ... put the hash code on the image canvas unless you calculate ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Need Graph Isomorphism Algorithm De-bunked
    ... to the order of the inputs, but still collision ... We make use of a cryptographic hash function ... Compute cryptographic hash of the n values A ... Result is unchanged under graph isomorphism. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Intrinsic Digital Signature in Scalable Key Cryptography.
    ... binds Alice irrefutably now to each and every plaintext that she ... Since Bob also has the same information, ... A cryptographic hash wouldn't help if the sender needs to know how ...
    (sci.crypt)