Complex Theoretical One Way Hash Question

I wish to know if it is possible to embed an MD5 of an image (e.g. a JPEG) in the image such that the MD5 is human readable in the image AND is an MD5 of the modified image including the readable MD5.

That is - if I execute an MD5 hash sum off the entire image, that MD5 has will be the same as the MD5 shown in human readable format in the image (I don't mean a JPEG tag, I mean literally on the image canvas itself).

The questions:
1. Is it theoretically possible ?
2. Is it feasible ?
3. Has it already been done ?
4. Would other one way hash algorithms be more suited ?

E-Mail me on sci(dot)crypt(@)craznar(dot)com if you have any specific questions, or reply here.

Thanks.
--
Pinging self [127.0.0.1] with 32 bites of banana cake:

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:
Slices: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

  • Re: Complex Theoretical One Way Hash Question
    ... JPEG) in the image such that the MD5 is human readable in the image AND ... is an MD5 of the modified image including the readable MD5. ... You can't do this without breaking the hash. ... possible collisions. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Complex Theoretical One Way Hash Question
    ... JPEG) in the image such that the MD5 is human readable in the image AND ... is an MD5 of the modified image including the readable MD5. ... That is - if I execute an MD5 hash sum off the entire image, ... print quines and compute MD5s... ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Complex Theoretical One Way Hash Question
    ... JPEG) in the image such that the MD5 is human readable in the image AND ... is an MD5 of the modified image including the readable MD5. ... That is - if I execute an MD5 hash sum off the entire image, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Complex Theoretical One Way Hash Question
    ... JPEG) in the image such that the MD5 is human readable in the image AND ... is an MD5 of the modified image including the readable MD5. ... Would other one way hash algorithms be more suited? ... It is it suppose dto be cryptographically secure, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: How do I generate a 16 octet md5 hash?
    ... It's been a while since I did this looking for MD5 ... hash algorithms, but there were any number of *.DLLs and C libraries ... cases to ensure that they are generating "correct" MD5 hashes. ...
    (alt.computer.security)