Re: Electronic RNG not enough secure for OTP?

cryptic99@xxxxxxxxx writes:

No, it's perfectly useful.
What would you use to generate OTP-box with 26 coins or hand full of
dices? *This* is not very practical. My device could be used
anywhere-it can be size of a small keychain. It is operated with just
one button, and you can pour epoxy inside of it-so there's no way to
temper it.It's portable and simple.I'm only looking for weak points of
this method of RNG.

Now that is useless. a keyfob of that kind would be a dead giveaway. A dice
or a coin has other uses.
And you only need one dice, not a handful.

  • Re: Making the Rounds Today
    ... dice, coins, and straws. ... democracy - but that could change.' ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Non-computer randomization
    ... put some coins in a box and shake them. ... the average teenager is not going to be dedicated enough to sit and flip a coin 240 times, or roll a pair of dice 42 times. ... the cards like a normal deck of cards and laying them ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Non-computer randomization
    ... >Instead of dice, put some coins in a box and shake them. ... Then pull ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Question on needing...
    ... window. ... The very first time I was faced with a roll, I didn't know what to do at all, so I just waited for the timer bar to go down to nothing. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Related languages (Re: A China-Sumer connection)
    ... The motion of coins ... >>and dice is described by classical mechanics. ... > Proto-Germanic to Old English to modern English. ... because languages influence each other but ...
    (sci.lang)