Re: attacking a re-used OTP // is it possible if it is changed with a random key each time ?

Terry Ritter <ritter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Kristian Gjøsteen wrote:
Terry Ritter <ritter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
questions should be raised and answered about the
supposed "randomness" of the set of implemented

They are. From time to time, papers appear _on that exact topic_.
It's called block cipher analysis. You may want to have a look some

As a non-native speaker of English, I shall admit that my expressive
abilities in English are lacking, and that my attempts at being
subtle therefore often fail. So I'll explain what I was trying to
impart above with absolutely no finesse whatsoever:

Given that a large number of cryptographers are actively
studying block cipher security and publishing papers with
their latest results, only a fool (or something worse) would
stand up and say "it would be nice if someone actually had
a look at block cipher security", because that statement
implies that nobody is _currently_ looking at it.

Therefore, your statement (essentially) calling for block
cipher analysis means that you are a fool (or something

I hope this helps.

Let me get this straight: You start out saying
that my position is ridiculous:

You worry and write at length about irrelevant problems.

and now you say my position is reasonable and
accepted by the crypto community. Well, fine.

Come on! That is no reasonable interpretation of what I wrote.

Kristian Gjøsteen

Relevant Pages

  • Crypto papers
    ... Currently, the site has links to papers (in particular, AES ... cryptanalysis) and theses on block cipher cryptanalysis. ...
  • Re: Size of a new hash standard
    ... >>strength of further block cipher does not prevent collisions. ... Those papers are not public domain and hosting them like that violates ...