Re: attacking a re-used OTP // is it possible if it is changed with a random key each time ?

Kristian Gjøsteen wrote:
Terry Ritter <ritter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Furthermore,
questions should be raised and answered about the
supposed "randomness" of the set of implemented
permutations.

They are. From time to time, papers appear _on that exact topic_.
It's called block cipher analysis. You may want to have a look some
time.

Let me get this straight: You start out saying
that my position is ridiculous:

You worry and write at length about irrelevant problems.

and now you say my position is reasonable and
accepted by the crypto community. Well, fine.
So you should have no problem with the content
of the Crypto Glossary, about which you said:

Anyone who
reads your glossary without previous background may end up severely
confused about what cryptography is about, and what the real problems
in cryptography are.

Thank you for clearing that up.

So, who are you, and what did you do with the
real Kristian?

---
Terry Ritter 1.4MB Crypto Glossary
http://www.ciphersbyritter.com/GLOSSARY.HTM

  • Re: backdoors in AES/RSA
    ... fair enough that many papers don't bother to ... But people outside the crypto ... >talk to a lay audience, they invariably explain results in lay ... Greg Rose ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: white-box cryptography (was: Crypto- Mathematicians)
    ... Note that I left Cloakware last year (and managed to cash out ... my shares). ... the White-Box Crypto stuff. ... If you seriously want to know, read the papers. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Open Request of Conference Reviewers
    ... > papers the designs were only examples of what the theory allows. ... of Crypto and Eurocrypt. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Cryptanalysis Blocking Method
    ... >See the Crypto 82 proceedings for papers on randomized symmetric ... could a scheme like this be used for anti-spoof for a stream cypher? ...
    (sci.crypt)