Re: Puzzled (4^162 mod 100)
- From: magidin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Arturo Magidin)
- Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 01:24:29 +0000 (UTC)
In article <e0pskq$5he$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Arturo Magidin <magidin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The multiplicative identity of this subgroup is 76.
It's not a "subgroup" because there is no overgroup.
Okay, my mistake. Apparently, "subgroup" is the accepted nomenclature
for a subsemigroup which happens to be a group under the induced
operation. Sorry about that.
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about
what I accept as reality."
--- Calvin ("Calvin and Hobbes")
- Prev by Date: Re: Puzzled (4^162 mod 100)
- Next by Date: Re: Puzzled (4^162 mod 100)
- Previous by thread: Re: Puzzled (4^162 mod 100)
- Next by thread: Re: Puzzled (4^162 mod 100)