Re: Factoring large composite numbers
- From: Phil Carmody <thefatphil_demunged@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 01 Apr 2006 11:37:40 +0300
Unruh <unruh-spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
To the original poster: please ignore the these comments.
Just because one mad
person has tried to use the method in an insane way should not
discredit all of
the real researchers who have used the method in clever ways. In other
Unruh's assessment is misleading.
Which part is misleading? Has someone found a way to use it to make
factoring any easier? Who?
Kraitchek, Lehmer, Dixon, Shanks, Knuth, Pomerance, Pollard, Silverman,
To the original poster:
Unruh's advice can be "fixed" by simplifying it to "Don't become a crank".
What is it: is man only a blunder of God, or God only a blunder of man?
-- Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900), The Twilight of the Gods
- Prev by Date: Re: Factoring large composite numbers
- Next by Date: Re: Bruce Schneier Gets It Wrong
- Previous by thread: Re: Factoring large composite numbers
- Next by thread: Re: Bruce Schneier Gets It Wrong