Re: Factoring large composite numbers

Unruh <unruh-spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
To the original poster: please ignore the these comments.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Just because one mad
person has tried to use the method in an insane way should not
discredit all of
the real researchers who have used the method in clever ways. In other
words,
Unruh's assessment is misleading.

Which part is misleading? Has someone found a way to use it to make
factoring any easier? Who?

Kraitchek, Lehmer, Dixon, Shanks, Knuth, Pomerance, Pollard, Silverman,
Montgomery, ...

To the original poster:
Unruh's advice can be "fixed" by simplifying it to "Don't become a crank".

Phil
--
What is it: is man only a blunder of God, or God only a blunder of man?
-- Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900), The Twilight of the Gods

  • Re: Atheist Bus Campaign is offensive, say complaints to ASA
    ... I think it is misleading to say "there is probably no God", ... I think the advert shows atheists in their true colours twisted evil ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Atheist Bus Campaign is offensive, say complaints to ASA
    ... I think it is misleading to say "there is probably no God", ... misleading ou about a probability and encouraging ... I think the advert shows atheists in their true colours twisted evil ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: why this assembly language is not good?
    ... Linux - for cross-compiling mobile phone stuff ... WinXP - for reading PDFs and reading mail ... is man only a blunder of God, or God only a blunder of man? ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Music Quiz
    ... > I have had a Christmas quiz at work, the one with the most answers wins ... Scottish valley, Scottish Clan ... is man only a blunder of God, or God only a blunder of man? ...
    (rec.puzzles)
  • Re: Is Buddhism what Im looking for?
    ... >>> What's so misleading about the statement? ... >> You don't think speaking on behalf of all Buddhists and claiming them ... > who bring the concept of a creator God along with them to buddhism, ...
    (talk.religion.buddhism)