Re: Factoring large composite numbers

contini@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Unruh wrote:

b) Your observation forms the basis of the method of a poster here called Stevens who
keeps posting that he has solved the factoring problem. So far he has not
managed to factor any large numbers, despite claiming to have
revolutionised the subject.
Ie, the observation is a very old one. Unfortunately noone has managed to
find a way to use it to make factoring any easier. ( Well, if you happen to
choose your number so that it is one less than some square, then of course
this method says it is very weak.)

To the original poster: please ignore the these comments.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Just because one mad
person has tried to use the method in an insane way should not
discredit all of
the real researchers who have used the method in clever ways. In other
words,
Unruh's assessment is misleading.

Which part is misleading? Has someone found a way to use it to make
factoring any easier? Who?

  • Re: Proof factoring solution is closed form
    ... >> your proliferation of redundant threads that you don't pay attention ... Remember I'm the inventor of surrogate factoring. ... But are you implying that if Rick were the inventor, ... > the factoring problem as there was every reason to believe that I would ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Proof factoring solution is closed form
    ... >> your proliferation of redundant threads that you don't pay attention ... Remember I'm the inventor of surrogate factoring. ... But are you implying that if Rick were the inventor, ... > the factoring problem as there was every reason to believe that I would ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: JSH: Mystery increases
    ... solution to the factoring problem. ...  Any solution to the factoring problem has ... The mathematics shows that you can factor a composite D, ... The proof shows that one of the combinations of factors of D-1 must ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: JSH: Mystery increases
    ... solution to the factoring problem. ...  Any solution to the factoring problem has ... many or all of the factor pairs of D-1. ... a big-O analysis of the algorithm and show that the algorithm is ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: JSH: Surrogate Factoring Fails Completely, What Next?
    ... That fact that you don't consider it a rational response means that you ... > do I think it could lead to practical factoring. ... If there was any solid evidence that SF works, ... > factoring problem, wouldn't give a damn about the RSA ...
    (sci.crypt)