Re: Standard for Feige-Fiat-Shamir

tomstdenis@xxxxxxxxx schrieb:
Simon Siemens wrote:
I want to use the Feige-Fiat-Shamir signature for a project. However I
cannot find a standard / specification that specifies the parameters and
encoding. Does anyone know such a standard (like rfc3447.txt / PKCS #1
for RSA)?

That'd be interesting to see. As far as I know there isn't one.

Any particular need for FFS or PKCS #1 or ANSI X9.62?

Tom

Hi Tom,

I need Feige-Fiat-Shamir as it is the fastest digital signing algorithm
I know (tried FFS, DSA, RSA, ECDSA). It should run on a weak embedded
system.

When realizing the system it is always a could idea to use standards, as
other implementors can revert on it and reuse their knowledge and code.
And in the security area standards define some parameters of an
algorithm as they appear to be secure.

Basically I know that I have to transfer the signature itself together
with a certificate containing the sequence of public keys and the
modulus. How would you encode and transmit them?

Thanks, Simon

  • Re: Generation of random primes for the RSA algorithm
    ... >> interested in source code for generating primes p and q for the RSA ... Being compliant with standards is not a requirement to make a secure ... P1363 or PKCS compliant or do you care that it is ... DH over Z, DH over EC, 16 block ciphers, 7 hash functions, several ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Crypto Standards Organizations
    ... >> RSA Security's Public-Key Cryptography Standards have been influential. ... > but I was under the impression that all of these have been published as RFCs ... > Thanks, Flip ... Not all, IIRC, but from the start it has been RSA policy that the PKCS ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Avoiding C++ Templates In Cipher Implementation
    ... The generic RSA algorithm supports ... and the standards simply reflect that. ... both his crypto and his C++. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: NSA chooses ECC
    ... > both RSA and ec/dsa specifications are taken from X9 standards. ... And X9 copied the specs from elsewhere. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Stags Triumph
    ... and tender". ... Rare. ... FFS, do you have NO standards, you lot? ...
    (uk.rec.cars.classic)