Pls help me with Twofish CBC test vectors
- From: Fred Paris <nono@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 01:46:58 +0200
I am trying to test an implementation of Twofish. I found some test
vectors by Bruce Schneier at:
This zip files contains several .txt files. Let's consider
ecb_ival.txt and cbc_e_m.txt.
1) ECB TEST THAT WORKS
From ecb_ival.txt :KEY=00000000000000000000000000000000
The test runs fine, I get the correct ciphertext. Everything seems ok
* BUT *
2) CBC TEST THAT DOES NOT WORK
I don't get it : as I understand it, this is the first test in a
series of encryptions in CBC mode.
The key and plaintext are all zeros, i.e. the same as in the above ECB
test that works.
- the key and plaintext are the same as in the above ECB test
- the IV is all zeros
- an XOR with zero does nothing
Then shouldn't the expected ciphertext be also the same as in the
above ECB text ??
What am I missing? The file says this is a "Monte Carlo" test but I
don't see how that could have an impact?
- Prev by Date: Re: Entropy
- Next by Date: Automate GPG or PGP to make an .exe
- Previous by thread: Philips CRYPTO1 Algorithm
- Next by thread: Re: Pls help me with Twofish CBC test vectors