Re: Rijndael .Net Managed Class VS Rijndael Win32 C++ (MFC) Class

leonard.guillaume@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
As exemple :

The server is using "Ae7b6D333K" as initialization vector.
The server AND client are both using "1234" as encryption key.

In order to test the encryption on client side, a test XML file is
encrypted than decrypted by using the Rijndael Win32 Class locally.

The client sends XML SOAP data to the server with Rijndael encryption.
The server can't decode it (missing IV??). The server then send an
encrypted XML SOAP information by using it's Rijndael managed class
from .Net Framework, the client can't decrypt it (missing IV on client
side?).

I don't know if it's relevant to your issue, but W3C's XML encryption standard at http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlenc-core/#sec-Alg-Block says
"[AES] is used in the Cipher Block Chaining (CBC) mode with a 128 bit initialization vector (IV). The resulting cipher text is prefixed by the IV."

--Mike Amling

  • Re: Socket Server with Encryption help
    ... Before the client ... Authentication protocols are fiercely difficult to get right. ... by Needham and Schroeder "Using encryption for authentication in large ... Client connects into Server and Server accepts the connection. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Auto-update protocol
    ... to transfer even with a single client and no interference. ... shared secret/public key is the only way to do the encryption. ... successfully decryption is the authentication. ... you can get using a generic farm server, but TFTP does not have any ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Question on client/server application
    ... (one will act as a simple TCP server and the other will be a simple ... TCP client). ... What is the simplest way for me to implement a secure connection ... There are plenty of encryption libraries out ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)
  • RE: Implementing RSACryptoServiceProvider *and* JavaScript
    ... JavaScript: hashing, synchronous encryption, and asynchronous ... This will enable me to ensure security between the client ... Send these back to the server. ...
  • Re: RDP Data Encryption Error
    ... If we make a remote connection to the server at work and then RDP into one ... we get this "encryption error" after a few seconds. ... the client will drop the connection ...