Re: Software protection solution

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 19:59:54 GMT, Mike Amling wrote:

Since your protection scheme requires a DLL to check if an application
is registered, it is very easy to bypass. It took me about 10 minutes to
write a DLL exporting the same functions which tells every application
that it is registered correctly.

Ha! I was right! I have always insisted that our licensing code be in
includes rather than DLLs, for this very reason.

"includes" ? typo, yes, what did you really mean?
--
Drop the alphabet for email

  • Re: Software protection solution
    ... it is very easy to bypass. ... write a DLL exporting the same functions which tells every application ... He must mean 'libraries rather than DLLs'. ... Drop the alphabet for email ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Software protection solution
    ... Dan Evans wrote: ... it is very easy to bypass. ... write a DLL exporting the same functions which tells every application ... I have always insisted that our licensing code be in includes rather than DLLs, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Software protection solution
    ... Christian Zietz wrote: ... it is very easy to bypass. ... write a DLL exporting the same functions which tells every application ... I have always insisted that our licensing code be in includes rather than DLLs, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Software protection solution
    ... Ari Silverstein wrote: is registered, it is very easy to bypass. ... write a DLL exporting the same functions which tells every application ... I have always insisted that our licensing code be in includes rather than DLLs, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Software protection solution
    ... it is very easy to bypass. ... write a DLL exporting the same functions which tells every application ... IANAMikeAmling, but I was assuming he meant: ... so the licensing code became part of the executable as opposed to being ...
    (sci.crypt)