Re: Rabin vs. RSA/ElGamal

"David Wagner" <daw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Many textbooks are thoroughly confused on this point, because they fail
to distinguish between a primitive ...

The OP's original question was why people don't use Rabin more.

I think that misleading textbooks and other misinformation is the
main reason. Rabin has some advantages (which are probably
irrelevant for most people), but a lot of people seem to think
that it is unusable for some reason.

  • Re: Quadratic Field Cryptography
    ... If this is in any way related to the Rabin thread: ... The reason Rabin isn't used is that RSA was already gaining use, ... I've written an RSA test implementation in C++ (with GMP, ... that RSA Encryption is significantly slower than Rabin Encryption ... ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Rabin vs. RSA/ElGamal
    ... for some reason. ... My thought was that Rabin could be even more secure than ... There are a few number-theoretical attacks possible against RSA, ... including factorization and the discrete logarithm. ...
    (sci.crypt)