From: Mike Amling <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Control: cancel <wRQCf.1539$Ql1.1504@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Cancel "Re: Q: How to test new hash algorithm?"
Newsgroups: sci.crypt
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 17:59:12 GMT

  • The certification password of Internet Explorer 7 and operation of auto complete
    ... About the certification password of Internet Explorer and operation ... By remembering the strings that are input in the following text ... In this registry, there are values whose name is a string of 42 bytes ... We cannot guess the original strings from the hash value, ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Maximum String size in Java?
    ... > for long strings, so on average, SFH bakes it in the performance ... >> distribution over the hash table size. ... > you need to be concerned about Unicode strings. ... construct a hash function that does appreciably better than the one ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: sort unique
    ... given that a hash table is not ... IMO if the vendor's algorithm does something "obvious", ... function to eliminate keys that hash to the same bucket per some ... strings of random lengths, and two strings are ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Maximum String size in Java?
    ... The hash function will *NOT* have the minimal collision ... > for long strings, so on average, SFH bakes it in the performance ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Performance of hash_set vs. Java
    ... > I would like to convert the vector to store pointers to strings, ... >> reading code and hash table, so we can't really help there. ... and involve many object copies an memory allocations. ... This is the C++ input code I would start with. ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)