Simple Python elliptic curves and ECDSA

For study, I've implemented ECDSA in Python, and made
that and the underlying elliptic-curve module available
without restriction. For simplicity, only curves over
GF(p) are implemented, those being the curves blessed
by NSA's "Suite B" announcement. Also for simplicity,
I omitted everything having to do with curve generation,
since one can simply use guaranteed-good curves
published by NIST. I chose readability and clean
interfaces over speed, so you wouldn't want to build
a system around this code, but it might have
educational value, particularly showing the joys of
working in a group where every element (but one) has
a known, huge order.

http://webpages.charter.net/curryfans/peter/downloads.html

--
Peter Pearson
To get my email address, substitute:

  • Re: Simple Python elliptic curves and ECDSA
    ... > For study, I've implemented ECDSA in Python, and made ... For simplicity, only curves over ... Interesting how clean cut the code is. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Any royal road to Bezier curves...?
    ... > figure out a simple way to implement Bezier curves... ... > now), using Python 2.4. ... but you will find that Skencil also ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Any royal road to Bezier curves...?
    ... I'm fairly new to Python and I'm trying to figure out a simple ... ....which won't work because the only compiled binaries are for Windows 2000, ... It appears there's some bezier functionality in the python that comes ... Are bezier curves really what I want after all? ...
    (comp.lang.python)