Re: FlexiProvider: an open source cryptography provider for the JCA/JCE

Mike Amling wrote:
> Martin Döring wrote:
> > With this email we would like to introduce the FlexiProvider, an open
> > source cryptography service provider for the Java Cryptography
> > Architecture and Extensions (JCA/JCE). The current version 1.1.5p6 is
> > compatible with all Java versions from 1.2 up to 1.5. The FlexiProvider
> > has been developed at the cryptography and computer algebra research
> > group of Professor Johannes Buchmann at Darmstadt university of
> > technology, Germany. It currently includes the following algorithms:
> >
> > Asymmetric Ciphers
> >
> > * ElGamal
> > * RSA-OAEP as specified in PKCS#1 version 2.1
> > * ECIES as specified in IEEE P1363a
> >
> > Symmetric Ciphers
> >
> > * AES (Rijndael)
> > * DESede (TripleDES) as specified in FIPS 46-3
> > * PBE
> > * RC2, RC5, RC6
> > * Camellia
> > * IDEA
> > * MARS
> > * SAFER+, SAFER++
> > * Serpent
> > * Twofish
> >
> > Key exchange algorithms
> >
> > * ECSVDPDH, ECSVDPDH-C as specified in SEC1,2
> >
> > Pseudo-random number generators
> >
> > * BBS (Blum-Blum-Shoup)
> > * ECPRNG as proposed by Kaliski
> >
> > Signature algorithms
> >
> > * DSA as specified in FIPS 186-2
> > * RSASSA-PSS as specified in PKCS#1 version 2.1
> > * ECDSA as specified in IEEE 1363
> > * ECNR as specified in IEEE 1363
> >
> > Hash functions
> >
> > * MD4
> > * MD5
> > * RIPEMD-128, RIPEMD-160, RIPEMD-256, RIPEMD-320
> > * SHA1, SHA256, SHA283, SHA512
> > * Tiger
>
> SHA283? Should that be SHA384?
>
> Users would benefit from a programmatically available list of
> supported algorithms, for instance something like
>
> public String[] supported(String type) {
> if ("java.security.MessageDigest".equals(type)) {
> return new String[]{"MD4", "MD5", "RIPEMD-128", "RIPEMD-160",
> "RIPEMD-256", "RIPEMD-320", "SHA1", "SHA256", "SHA384", "SHA512", "Tiger"};
> }
> }
>
> --Mike Amling

More portable (i.e. provider independent) is to search the list of keys
of the provider for
entries starting with "MessageDigest.". Unfortunately the flexiprovider
does not seem to list
some of the available message digests.

-- Daniel Bleichenbacher

.