Re: FlexiProvider: an open source cryptography provider for the JCA/JCE

Mike Amling wrote:
> Martin Döring wrote:
> > With this email we would like to introduce the FlexiProvider, an open
> > source cryptography service provider for the Java Cryptography
> > Architecture and Extensions (JCA/JCE). The current version 1.1.5p6 is
> > compatible with all Java versions from 1.2 up to 1.5. The FlexiProvider
> > has been developed at the cryptography and computer algebra research
> > group of Professor Johannes Buchmann at Darmstadt university of
> > technology, Germany. It currently includes the following algorithms:
> >
> > Asymmetric Ciphers
> >
> > * ElGamal
> > * RSA-OAEP as specified in PKCS#1 version 2.1
> > * ECIES as specified in IEEE P1363a
> >
> > Symmetric Ciphers
> >
> > * AES (Rijndael)
> > * DESede (TripleDES) as specified in FIPS 46-3
> > * PBE
> > * RC2, RC5, RC6
> > * Camellia
> > * IDEA
> > * MARS
> > * SAFER+, SAFER++
> > * Serpent
> > * Twofish
> >
> > Key exchange algorithms
> >
> > * ECSVDPDH, ECSVDPDH-C as specified in SEC1,2
> >
> > Pseudo-random number generators
> >
> > * BBS (Blum-Blum-Shoup)
> > * ECPRNG as proposed by Kaliski
> >
> > Signature algorithms
> >
> > * DSA as specified in FIPS 186-2
> > * RSASSA-PSS as specified in PKCS#1 version 2.1
> > * ECDSA as specified in IEEE 1363
> > * ECNR as specified in IEEE 1363
> >
> > Hash functions
> >
> > * MD4
> > * MD5
> > * RIPEMD-128, RIPEMD-160, RIPEMD-256, RIPEMD-320
> > * SHA1, SHA256, SHA283, SHA512
> > * Tiger
>
> SHA283? Should that be SHA384?
>
> Users would benefit from a programmatically available list of
> supported algorithms, for instance something like
>
> public String[] supported(String type) {
> if ("java.security.MessageDigest".equals(type)) {
> return new String[]{"MD4", "MD5", "RIPEMD-128", "RIPEMD-160",
> "RIPEMD-256", "RIPEMD-320", "SHA1", "SHA256", "SHA384", "SHA512", "Tiger"};
> }
> }
>
> --Mike Amling

More portable (i.e. provider independent) is to search the list of keys
of the provider for
entries starting with "MessageDigest.". Unfortunately the flexiprovider
does not seem to list
some of the available message digests.

-- Daniel Bleichenbacher

  • Re: FlexiProvider: an open source cryptography provider for the JCA/JCE
    ... >> With this email we would like to introduce the FlexiProvider, ... >> source cryptography service provider for the Java Cryptography ... It currently includes the following algorithms: ... More portable (i.e. provider independent) is to search the list of keys ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: New 2 Cryptography
    ... Newsgroups: sci.crypt ... > cryptography and I thought I'd post here to ask a few questions. ... Also there is a question of licensing one or more algorithms, ... rounds of arithmetic operations, and you wind up with something that would ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Size of RN vs USN (Was: Germany Still Loses BB...) [OFFTOPIC, BUT INTERESTING]
    ... >>That would be news to the cryptography world. ... algorithms exist which would solve these problems in polynomial time ... Sometimes it takes a lot of machines working together, ... there is this hype about quantum computes. ...
    (soc.history.war.world-war-ii)
  • =?windows-1252?Q?Re=3A_Solidarity_of_the_Herd_Does=92nt_Verify_Herd_Rul?= =?windows-1252?Q?e
    ... "traditional number lines being a selection domain" you simply don't ... means of number-theoretic cipher transforming algorithms that do not ... With my background -- I studied CS and math, took two cryptography ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Newbie question(s)...
    ... New algorithms may not have anything to ... While a knowledge of cryptography allows ... (although proving that the irrationality of the number is truly random ... if there were a way to deterministically produce a string of ...
    (sci.crypt)