Re: Where *IS* Tom?

On 10 Dec 2005 09:33:36 -0800, tomstdenis@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Don't buy it. LTC is plugin driven. Don't like my AES
>implementation? Write your own plugin and then use the same front end
>API.

In other words, you recommend them to do what they did. They chose
suitable implementations and used their own front end (i.e. created a
project-specific crypto library tailored to meet the project needs).

Paul

PS - Author's reputation may (and, in my opinion, should) play a
significant role when deciding whose code should be used and whose not,
particularly in the field of security.

  • AES in LibTomCrypt
    ... Someone pointed out that Rijmen has public domain AES ... One observation though is that the code in LTC loads the bytes in little ... endian fashion and the code from Rijmen loads in big endian fashion. ... I do have test vectors in the code so as far ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Whats so funny? WAS Re: rotor replacement
    ... people disagree on what precisely the API should be. ... There are plenty of AES modules that people can get from ... understand that I don't want included batteries so much that I ... What I cannot promise is to include *your* AES implementation, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: 64-bit AES
    ... Could I entice you to write a LTC plugin around your AES ... suggest might be possible if you can tell me what the interface is to ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: AES_128 in RFC 4493
    ... I find that there is an API called as AES_128. ... used in the RFC 4493. ... i am unable to find the source code for AES_128 in the RFC 4493. ... The call AES_128(k, in, out) is pseudo code for AES - if you want to use the ...
    (sci.crypt)