Variations on Shamir secret sharing
- From: "philip" <trauring@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 5 Dec 2005 01:29:29 -0800
Let's say you have six shares (let's call them A, B, C, D, E and F),
where a minimum of three shares are required to reconstitute the
secret. Is there a way to further divide the shares, such that for each
share, there are ten possibilities for that share? For example, ten As,
ten Bs, etc. Each is interchangeable with the other shares in it's own
letter, but you couldn't reconstitute the secret from multiple shares
within a letter.
My second question is if it's possible to require one of the shares.
Using the above example, let's say you need A, but any two other shares
Lastly, a combination of the above approaches, where A is required and
B-F are divided into multiple possible shares.
Any insight into these issues would be great. Anyone know of this type
of stuff being implemented or discussed in a paper? If someone can
suggest irc channels and the like where this type of stuff is
discussed, I'd appreciate that too.
- Prev by Date: Re: Where is Tom?
- Next by Date: Re: Variations on Shamir secret sharing
- Previous by thread: TrueCrypt restore header security question
- Next by thread: Re: Variations on Shamir secret sharing