Re: High Bandwidth Mixing Cipher Chips

tomstdenis_at_gmail.com
Date: 10/28/05

Date: 28 Oct 2005 07:04:22 -0700

Jan Panteltje wrote:
> Tom, you seem a bit rusty on FPGA size...
> Even for a modest Spartan equivalent of 1 600 000 gates is in the shops:
> http://www.xilinx.com/products/silicon_solutions/fpgas/product_tables.htm#Spartan3E

One low cost development tactic is to bundle an FPGA with an embedded
processor. Now do you want to use 1.6M gate parts or the smaller
30K-50K parts?

This is analogous to saying "we can always throw more cycles at it".

Tom

Relevant Pages

  • REPOST: Re: High Bandwidth Mixing Cipher Chips
    ... > Tom, you seem a bit rusty on FPGA size... ... One low cost development tactic is to bundle an FPGA with an embedded ... Subject: Cancel "Re: High Bandwidth Mixing Cipher Chips" ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: MS Office
    ... Tom wrote: ... I could've sworn ... Microsoft Office is not now nor has it ever been a part of any Microsoft operating system. ... Many vendors do bundle MS Office as part of the software package when you buy a new PC. ...
  • REPOST: Re: High Bandwidth Mixing Cipher Chips
    ... > Tom, you seem a bit rusty on FPGA size... ... One low cost development tactic is to bundle an FPGA with an embedded ... Newsgroups: sci.crypt ... NNTP-Posting-Host: 80.108.28.208 ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Put method in specific memory
    ... tom wrote: ... > fpga with a powerpc405 on it. ... I am using the ise and the embedded ... Others who know that particular platform will be able to help. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: looking for research partner [block cipher design]
    ... >> why not implement on an FPGA rather than trying to get an ASIC done at a ... >> Foundry? ... You can get the smaller programmable logic chips for about ... Tom good luck with your "Intellectual Property". ...
    (sci.crypt)