Re: Classic examples of "bad" crypto software?

From: Joseph Ashwood (ashwood_at_msn.com)
Date: 10/27/05

Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 22:25:16 GMT

"Matt" <matt.removethis@wasted.ca> wrote in message
news:loS7f.314096$tl2.252524@pd7tw3no...
> To that end, I'd like to be able to mention a few examples of software
> that made use of crypto that has turned out to be not so secure after all.

Just about everything that has been in the Crypto-Gram
(http://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram.html) Dog house is fully qualified.
                Joe

Relevant Pages

  • Re: misc, rfc: encryptor idea
    ... > In crypto it's better to use a standard that's been tested to death ... I've seen attempts to combine compression ... Matt did you every check Matt Timmermans BICOM it combines a bijective ... My Crypto code ...
    (comp.compression)
  • Re: Classic examples of "bad" crypto software?
    ... Matt wrote in ... > that made use of crypto that has turned out to be not so secure after ... See the "Key Recovery Resources" page of my web site. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • REPOST: Re: Classic examples of "bad" crypto software?
    ... Matt wrote in ... > that made use of crypto that has turned out to be not so secure after ... See the "Key Recovery Resources" page of my web site. ... Classic examples of "bad" crypto software? ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • REPOST: Re: Classic examples of "bad" crypto software?
    ... "Matt" wrote in message ... > that made use of crypto that has turned out to be not so secure after all. ... Subject: Cancel "Re: Classic examples of "bad" crypto software?" ... NNTP-Posting-Host: 24.47.60.236 ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Consolidating to Date.
    ... line - a loop that is used for secure communication alone within the ... crypto scheme but when the ciphertext goes on the ether then it is ... characters long, has no spaces, has no punctuation. ... can share a random file or any length up to several giga bytes. ...
    (sci.crypt)