Re: X68-64 buffer overflow exploits and the borrowed code chunks exploitation technique

tomstdenis_at_gmail.com
Date: 10/07/05

Date: 7 Oct 2005 14:56:35 -0700

Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:
> Carlos Moreno wrote:
>
> > I mean, would you oppose to hardware-based memory protection?
> > One could claim that "the correct solution" is to never write
> > code that has pointer/memory-related bugs, etc. I get a more
> > peaceful sleep knowing that if I make the mistake, I get a
> > segfault and core dump, instead of overwriting some internal
> > kernel buffers.
>
> What about using a language that doesn't even give you the ability to
> create buffer overflows or mistaken points at all?

Such a language exists?

Tom

Relevant Pages

  • Re: one-liner for characater replacement
    ... I think the concept of KIND was a mistake. ... And bit strings. ... simply turn the language into a "typeless' one.) ... popular language features. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: "Oxygen" misnomer.
    ... It's even worse to perpetuate it in another language by ... discovery of the mistake seems ridiculous. ... was the name changed in English for precisely that reason? ... Omar Khayyam was a great astronomer who accurately reformed the ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Jiu Jitsu Strategies: Sports vs Reality
    ... an educated person to vary his language according to the situation,... ... You said you had a purpose in making the mistake; ... is such good advice, go buy a copy of any of the textbooks I mentioned ...
    (rec.martial-arts)
  • Re: Jiu Jitsu Strategies: Sports vs Reality
    ... Even when it is pointed out to you that the literal meaning of a simple ... "The ability to vary your language according to the situation is often ... because you said it was a mistake which you made on ... purpose in order that I would notice it. ...
    (rec.martial-arts)