Re: My my, how time flies ...... it's been about "1 hour" -- anyone cracked CryptoSMS yet?

From: Joe Peschel (jpeschel_at_no.spam.org)
Date: 08/31/05

    Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 02:41:03 -0000

    Regis <nobody@thisaddress.com> wrote in
    news:4sm9h19acsqtt0tvtdr04go7ffvgs3nljj@4ax.com:

    > On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:38:22 -0000, Joe Peschel <jpeschel@no.spam.org>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>No, they don't have the same meaning.
    >
    > Yes, they most certainly do.
    >

    >>I'll do it again, because you've failed to understand.
    >
    > I didn't fail to understand.
    > I just don't agree with you.

    That's only because you're mistaken.

    > Neither would anybody with proficiency in English.

    Nonsense. You're the fellow who refuses to or doesn't understand.

    Here it is again:

    No, they don't have exactly the same meaning. They do have a similar one.
    The difference is mainly one of emphasis, due to adding <i> very </i> as an
    intensive linguistic element. See a dictionary, or Fowler, or Perrin, etc.

    See those resources, please. Learn the definition of an intensive. Please
    the read the above carefully, and consult the resources I've mentioned.
    It's painless, really it is.

    http://www.impeach-bush-now.org
    Joe Peschel
    D.O.E. SysWorks
    http://members.aol.com/jpeschel/index.htm

    • Re: My my, how time flies ...... its been about "1 hour" -- anyone cracked CryptoSMS yet?
      ... they don't have exactly the same meaning. ... >intensive linguistic element. ... See a dictionary, or Fowler, or Perrin, etc. ... and consult the resources I've mentioned. ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: The moral life of babies
      ... The fact that measures of fairness are ... 'egalitarian' for 'fair' in such phrases distorts their meaning. ... though, of course, trials can be unfair in other ways, most of those ... opportunities, the fair distribution of resources, the fair ...
      (uk.philosophy.humanism)
    • Create something akin to VS.NET Form Designer
      ... I was wondering if anyone knew of any resources that would help me ... build something akin to the VS.NET form designer? ... Meaning, say I have ...
    • Re: Ten times as many resources
      ... and more powers". ... The context was this story: ... "Resources" seems to be one of these vague terms that can mean more or less ... convey any clear meaning to me. ...
      (alt.usage.english)
    • Re: Ten times as many resources
      ... The context was this story: ... "Resources" seems to be one of these vague terms that can mean more or less ... convey any clear meaning to me. ... there were ten times more officials working on their cases, ...
      (alt.usage.english)