Re: My my, how time flies ...... it's been about "1 hour" -- anyone cracked CryptoSMS yet?

From: Joe Peschel (jpeschel_at_no.spam.org)
Date: 08/31/05

    Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 02:41:03 -0000

    Regis <nobody@thisaddress.com> wrote in
    news:4sm9h19acsqtt0tvtdr04go7ffvgs3nljj@4ax.com:

    > On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:38:22 -0000, Joe Peschel <jpeschel@no.spam.org>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>No, they don't have the same meaning.
    >
    > Yes, they most certainly do.
    >

    >>I'll do it again, because you've failed to understand.
    >
    > I didn't fail to understand.
    > I just don't agree with you.

    That's only because you're mistaken.

    > Neither would anybody with proficiency in English.

    Nonsense. You're the fellow who refuses to or doesn't understand.

    Here it is again:

    No, they don't have exactly the same meaning. They do have a similar one.
    The difference is mainly one of emphasis, due to adding <i> very </i> as an
    intensive linguistic element. See a dictionary, or Fowler, or Perrin, etc.

    See those resources, please. Learn the definition of an intensive. Please
    the read the above carefully, and consult the resources I've mentioned.
    It's painless, really it is.

    http://www.impeach-bush-now.org
    Joe Peschel
    D.O.E. SysWorks
    http://members.aol.com/jpeschel/index.htm

    • Re: My my, how time flies ...... its been about "1 hour" -- anyone cracked CryptoSMS yet?
      ... they don't have exactly the same meaning. ... >intensive linguistic element. ... See a dictionary, or Fowler, or Perrin, etc. ... and consult the resources I've mentioned. ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: The moral life of babies
      ... The fact that measures of fairness are ... 'egalitarian' for 'fair' in such phrases distorts their meaning. ... though, of course, trials can be unfair in other ways, most of those ... opportunities, the fair distribution of resources, the fair ...
      (uk.philosophy.humanism)
    • Create something akin to VS.NET Form Designer
      ... I was wondering if anyone knew of any resources that would help me ... build something akin to the VS.NET form designer? ... Meaning, say I have ...
    • Tiplady
      ... I apologize for getting off topic and time, but in view of your members' expertise and resources, perhaps someone could enlighten me with the meaning or history of the strange name of one of my ancestors: ...
      (soc.genealogy.medieval)
    • Re: Performance... Need clarification
      ... The CLR takes a non-deterministic approach to freeing up unused ... objects, meaning it does so when it gets around to it, at no particular ... Time-sensitive resources therefore have to be explicitly released. ... > Is it necessary to dispose the objects created in procedure be disposed ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.performance)