Re: Computing Rijndael's S-Box?

contini_at_matmail.com
Date: 08/29/05

Date: 28 Aug 2005 17:25:19 -0700

You should read about finite fields.
One way to compute an inverse in this field is raise the element to the
254th power -- but that assumes you know how to multiply in the field.
There are faster ways of computing the inverse, but they would take
more
time to explain, and I am impatient.

Scott

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Congruence with division
    ... If I can make the exponent a power of 2 then ... the fastest piece of software out there) will allow you to raise one ... hundred digit number by another hundred digit number mod a third ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Irrational numbers questions
    ... which means what power "a" must I raise the number ... Han de Bruijn ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Darsy
    ... Oh my giddy good Gawd, ... "I'm dubious about either the power of meditation or prayer, ... great if his friends and acquaintances could raise a glass at this ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: factorial and exponent
    ... It will enable you to do "Arithmetic without Limitations"!! ... Raise A to the power B, storing the result in A. Now raise B to the ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Irrational numbers questions
    ... The following is from an old poster at 'Irrational Numbers Proof': ... which means what power "a" must I raise the number ... this is an approximation of the Euler-Mascheroni constant. ...
    (sci.math)