Re: My my, how time flies ...... it's been about "1 hour" -- anyone cracked CryptoSMS yet?

From: Joe Peschel (jpeschel_at_no.spam.org)
Date: 08/28/05

Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 08:26:31 -0000

Crypto@S.M.S wrote in news:11h2bufsh3df32f@news.supernews.com:

> Joe Peschel wrote:
>
>> Regis <nobody@thisaddress.com> wrote in

>>>Since there is no "official" algorithm recognized in which several
>>>ciphers are combined, he obviously can't provide you with any
>>>"official" test vectors.
>>

>> That there is no official algorithm recognized in which several
>> ciphers are combined suggests to me that the concoction is CryptoSMS,
>> whatever that concoction may be, is obscure and possibly unsafe.
>>

>>>However, if the test vectors from each of the separate algorithms are
>>>provided and verified, then that should be good enough to silence all
>>>the nay-sayers.
>>

>> Crypto@S.M.S. refuses to divulge his source code and can't provide
>> official test vectors for his encryption goulash.
>>

>>>Anything beyond that, and you're just nitpicking for
>>>the sake of being difficult.
>>

>> No, this is not nitpicking this important. Without the source code
>> and official test vectors, we have no reason to trust the secrecy of
>> CryptoSMS messages.
>>
>> Joe
>>

> All these were easily located.
>
> Who is it that keeps telling people to "google" for it?
>
> These test vectors were found in Wikipedia.ORG
> (often a much better place to start than GooGoo).
>
> Those asking for source code can grab the reference
> implementations for all three of these algorithms in
> the same place.

I didn't ask you to cite reference implementations or test vectors for
invdidual ciphers.

I asked you to provide the source code for the hodgepodge of left-over
ciphers thrown that have been into a crypto goulash. Without such source
code, we have no reason to believe that the program might provide much
secrecy.

http://www.impeach-bush-now.org
Joe Peschel
D.O.E. SysWorks