Re: Theoretical limits for password length

From: Unruh (unruh-spam_at_physics.ubc.ca)
Date: 08/26/05

Date: 25 Aug 2005 23:37:57 GMT

"Milan VXdgsvt" <milan_vxdgsvt@seznam.cz> writes:

>Paul Rubin wrote:

>> Also Merkle hash trees. Quantum computers just give a sqrt(f(N))
>> speedup for search problems where f(N) is the running time with a
>> conventional computer. They're not NP oracles.

>So that's what I don't get. I always thought a quantum computer can run
>2^N computations in parallel, test the result, and recall the original
>value that lead to the desired result.

No. You have been misled by b ad popular accounts
>If what you say is true (and I do recall hearing that already), then
>there surely must be safe ways to do what I want.

> Milan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Theoretical limits for password length
    ... > speedup for search problems where fis the running time with a ... > conventional computer. ... They're not NP oracles. ... If what you say is true (and I do recall hearing that already), ...
    (sci.crypt)