Re: Is symmetric key distribution equivalent to symmetric key generation?

From: David Wagner (daw_at_taverner.cs.berkeley.edu)
Date: 08/25/05

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 02:06:18 +0000 (UTC)

chuckles wrote:
>>What is it about key
>>transport that you find unacceptable? If you can answer that question,
>>I may be able to help.
>
>To briefly answer this question, I don't think PKIs and X509 in
>particular are the way forward.

Huh? This is very confused. Key transport != X509.
You're mixing apples and oranges.

I didn't ask what is wrong with X509, I asked what is wrong with
key transport protocols. The two are orthogonal. X509 is about how
you get Alice's public key. Key transport is about, once you have Alice's
public key, how you exchange a session key with her.