Re: md5 collisions and speeding tickets

From: Mxsmanic (mxsmanic_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/21/05

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 19:44:25 +0200

John E. Hadstate writes:

> Would you be so kind as to educate me regarding the role of
> the "signer's pass phrase" in the formation of a digital
> signature?

In a typical implementation, you type a pass phrase to temporarily
allow the decryption of your private key, which is then used to sign
your target document.

Thus, if you have the private key and the pass phrase, you can sign
anything.

  • RE: PGP scripting...
    ... the call stack changes and thus the authentic private key disappears, ... Requires decryption algorithm ... This will make the decryption algorithm harder to determine. ...
    (SecProg)
  • Re: public key crypto
    ... decryption algorithm (and the public key) and find a sequence of numbers ... that can act as a private key which is used to encrypt data. ... > Normally Alice will use Bob's public key to encrypt a message to Bob. ... >> Can we reverse the decryption process so as to generate a private key? ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: PGP scripting...
    ... Requires encryption of pw prior to compilation. ... If the system was comprised the attacker would still need to reverse the decryption. ... >> PGP with scripts, the scripts need access to both the ... >> private key and pass phrase. ...
    (SecProg)
  • Re: Authenticode Certificate Asymmetric Encryption/Decryption Doesnt
    ... private key is for SIGNING only - and you try to use it for decryption. ... What is the point of using private / public keys to encrypt / decrypt ... the authenticode cert wasn't working. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: The crazy encryption madmans codebook
    ... create an eqvivalence database for words and phrases. ... it to make an offset in the data base that will make the decryption ... phrase to decrypt ...
    (sci.crypt)