question to simulation

From: Johanna Bernstein (johanna_bernstein_nospam_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 08/19/05

Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 02:25:03 +0200

Hi,

I have again a smal question to the simulation-paradigma.

If I want to prove the security of a protocol using a simulator, which
on all publicly available input, can simulate the view of an adversary,
then I read in some proofs (e.g. [1] pp. 18 Theorem 4), that it is
allowed for the simulator to have access to an oracle, which for example
can decrypt ciphertexts or sign messages (encrypted with the public keys
or verified with the public keys used as input for the simulation). When
and why is it possible to use such an oracle, which can solve problems
for the simulator?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Johanna

[1] http://www.daimi.au.dk/~ivan/GenPaillier_finaljour.ps

Relevant Pages

  • Re: question to simulation
    ... >allowed for the simulator to have access to an oracle, ... scheme where a centralized trusted party does the decryption. ... view of the decryption protocol, and clearly you can replace the ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Oracle 10g OCA Exam
    ... i am preparing for the Oracle 10g OCA Exam and have ... OCA Oracle 10g Administration I + included test engine/ ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)