Re-secured Algorithm?

From: Harlan Lieberman-Berg (sysadmin_at_tacticalbusinesspartners.com)
Date: 08/18/05

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 17:36:58 -0400

Hey guys. Due to the recent compromise designed against sha1, and DSA
requires SHA1 to be completely secure, DSA can be broken. Therefore, would
it be reasonable to, until DSA-2 comes out, to hash with SHA-2 and encrypt
the hash with the private key using Elgamal creating a signature?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Does Unstable become Testing?