Re: message digest of large files

From: Kristian Gjøsteen (
Date: 08/17/05

Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:18:17 +0000 (UTC)

Regis <> wrote:
>As far as limitations, there's none specifically with SHA-1 itself.

You may want to read the standard before making such claims.

Kristian Gjøsteen

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Non-Deterministic Schemas
    ... By the standard of the developers of the SOM, the limitations are valid. ...
  • Variable Format Expressions (VFEs) (Was: Difference between Intel Visual Fortran and Compaq VF)
    ... There are too many problems and limitations with it and the results can be achieved with other methods. ... Variable Format Expressions have been an extension in many Fortran compilers for over two decades. ... I offered a proposal to make VFEs part of standard Fortran in 1996 and 1997 when I was a member of J3. ... David's counter-proposal would restrict the contents of VFEs to scalar, non-pointer, default integer variables. ...
  • Re: You need Office 2003 Professional to get Datasheet View
    ... I bought Office 2003 Standard in ... February and I think this was long before the limitations were ... > Chris - ...
  • Re: How to implement C++ class heritage properties in C using C struct?
    ... >> understand the limitations of the OP's situation? ... The Standard talks about things which need to get done, ... Greg Comeau / Comeau for the Mac? ... World Class Compilers: Breathtaking C++, Amazing C99, Fabulous C90. ...
  • Re: SHA-1 Functions
    ... it _must_ define precisely what it means within that standard. ... what the SHA-1 standard (FIPS 180-2) just does: ... the definition of "byte" in ISO 9899:1999. ... implementation of SHA-1 might be relevant. ...