Re: Using The Internet To Store Data

From: JFB (jbloss_at_tampabay.mapson.rr.com)
Date: 08/12/05

Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:10:19 GMT

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 06:14:21 +0000, Risto Lankinen wrote:

> Dunno, but did you know there's a way to store electricity in an extension
> cord: Plug one end to the wall and wait a while. Then unplug the cord
> from the wall and /quickly/ plug it to the free end of the extension cord
> instead.
>
> Now, when you need some electicity, you can use the electrons trapped into
> the extension cord loop by unplugging the loop and /quickly/ plugging your
> appliance into the appropriate end of the cord.
>
> Patent pending.

You left out the part where the extension cord has to be 15 trillion miles
long and tightly wound around a quantum tungsten core, and your outlets
have to supply 6.8 GigaJules.

--
                        ( o o )
+------------------.oooO--(_)--Oooo.------------------+

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to wire sewing machine foot pedal.
    ... has no cord and I can't test it until I figure out how to connect the ... two slots in the wall to the three pins in the sewing machine. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: lightning
    ... A streak about inch or so wide came through the front wall a couple ... Ever been in an aircraft struck by lightning? ... detached garage about 30' from the house, I had an extension cord ... Also blew a fuse in a power box on a yard pole. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: 28 October: Hello Archie!
    ... shouldn't the follow-up have been to erase the cord and wall ... (non cellular) ... corded/cordless hybrid. ...
    (rec.arts.comics.strips)
  • Re: Which would you rather carry.
    ... adapter isn't so small anymore with the full cord attached. ... I have one plugged into my wall in my home office and one in the trunk of my car just in case, and it's been there unused for a long long time. ... So please don't tell me where I need that longer cord. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Festool DOMINO - the Beauty of Presets - Two More Gems
    ... have a single ended extension cord. ... Went through exactly that helping a neighbor with his MAJOR ... expanded the living room off another side wall - while keeping ... Working in three different new "attics" ...
    (rec.woodworking)