Re: Using The Internet To Store Data

From: Richard Herring (junk_at_[127.0.0.1)
Date: 08/10/05

    Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:07:44 +0100

    In message <1123688789.d8d2add75f79ae92c047100ea3696267@teranews>, Jan
    Panteltje <pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> writes
    >On a sunny day (Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:56:07 +0100) it happened Richard Herring
    ><junk@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in <IXcjTStHWh+CFwS5@baesystems.com>:
    >
    >>In message <1123684878.fc240c27e0ddca825ffa6c07f8d149b0@teranews>, Jan
    >>Panteltje <pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> writes
    >>>On a sunny day (10 Aug 2005 06:49:35 -0700) it happened
    >>>news01@clupeid.demon.co.uk wrote in

    >>>http://teranews.com/
    [...]
    >>Fine if you can do it. Which parts of "compelled" and "firewall" did you
    >>miss?

    >What part of networks do you not understand?
    >New to Usenet?

    Hardly ;-)

    >Read up on networking!

    *You'd* do better to read up on phrases like "corporate security
    policy", with particular attention to "disciplinary offence" and
    "instant dismissal".

    >Why not set up a small relay? Perhaps at home?

    Technical solution to a social problem. Rarely satisfactory.

    >Firewalls burn very well.

    So do those who are logged trying to break them.

    --
    Richard Herring

    • Re: Creating a capabilities-based restricted execution system
      ... > proxies to implement capabilities. ... > attention on mechanism before policy, ... I don't see any unsolvable problems. ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: details about EOL (of FreeBSD 5.4) ?
      ... what list/channel/forum should I have been paying more attention to? ... Running EOL server parts is against policy. ... Greg Barniskis, Computer Systems Integrator ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Bleedingheartism [was: American Bleedingheartism]
      ... How do they manage to be in the center of policy without being ... I'd describe anyone recognised as an authority in a field ... one pays any attention to them? ... attention to the authorities in the field, ...
      (alt.usage.english)
    • Re: dont mess with Bobke
      ... I just wasn't paying close enough attention. ... attention to the commentary about Mayo (who definitely lost his bottle ... today), but all the phrases were so dull, Adrian Karstens could have ... Although when Rasmussen in his resplendent yellow jersey overtook ...
      (rec.bicycles.racing)