Re: Algorithms to generate permutations

From: David Eather (eather_at_tpg.com.au)
Date: 08/05/05

Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 10:10:43 +1000

Regis wrote:
> On 4 Aug 2005 08:27:07 -0700, ggr@qualcomm.com (Gregory G Rose) wrote:
>

>>It just took me 1 minute and 34 seconds to find
>>that the book "Differential cryptanalysis of the
>>data encryption standard (Unknown Binding)
>>by Eli Biham" is available from Amazon.
>

> Congratulations.
> I suppose you're as gifted a cryptographer as Tommy boy is. Obviously
> anyone who can find a book on Amazon has got to be regarded as a true
> expert.
>

>>So I conclude that you're more interested in
>>perpetuating this thread than you are in learning.
>>In short, you're trolling.
>

> Did you reach that conclusion all on your own, or did you have a team
> of consultants on hand to help you?
>
> Despite your ranting, I have yet to be shown any proof (either by
> yourself OR from Tommy boy) regarding this "magic bullet" which can
> shatter all these different ciphers in one shot.
>
> I'm gonna go out on a limb here and just make this ultra-crazy
> assumption that the reason no such proof has been given is because no
> such proof exists. What a shock that would be.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: VMPC isnt free
    ... Yah, tom the genius. ... for the sole fact they are not interested in academia. ... Admitedly I designed quite a few ciphers but I never claimed they were ... design over and over. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: A new public key algorithm based on avalanche properties
    ... > demanding of the evidence or arguments I produce in favour of where I ... I've gotten some good responses here, but Tom didn't like it. ... "designing ciphers by a hobbyist is a really bad ... Secure encryption should be like an off-the-shelf electronic part. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: newbie: please help...just your opinion
    ... for making a crypto newbie grow up a bit...you are very ... Don't worry Tom, you will always be the best... ... each of my ciphers was not just a "I wrote ... If you want to learn cryptanalysis don't invent ciphers. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Algorithms to generate permutations
    ... A first step will not help you change your oil. ... Just as looking up "Differential Cryptanalysis" will not offer any ... ciphers, ... all these self-proclaimed experts are just that -- self-proclaimed. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Shut up? [was re: <snip>]
    ... Tom St Denis wrote: ... An engineer. ... Hence, multiple ciphers. ... And there are lots of people who want to deal with CryptoSMS, ...
    (sci.crypt)