Re: Barcode Email

From: Walter Roberson (roberson_at_ibd.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca)
Date: 07/28/05

Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:36:12 +0000 (UTC)

In article <oii7rb0y8deg.phb14c7vizkj$.dlg@40tude.net>,
Ari Silversteinn <abcarisilverstein@yahoo.comxyz> wrote:
:On 27 Jul 2005 12:12:52 -0700, Tom St Denis wrote:

:> The purpose though of many activities isn't to turn sales. I write my
:> projects as a learning experience and to serve others. It has nothing
:> to do with making money for myself.

:One day, when you move out of the house, have a family, God forbid, and
:live in the *real* world, you had better have inherited a bunch of money or
:you're going to starve. But, for now, since you have no *real* world
:issues, proceed with your charity work. Let others take care of you while
:you play World Saviour.

Ari, I would suggest that your ad hominem attacks on other posters
are turning off people who might otherwise be willing to listen
objectively and contribute to the discussion.

The fact that many of Tom's activities are not oriented towards making
money do not discredit Tom's ideas or skills or contributions.

His motivations are different than yours, which doesn't make his wrong
or worthy of put downs; indeed, his are more in line with the numerous
workplace studies that indicate that most people rank money as
somewhere between their 3rd and 6th most important motivator.

   -- Rich Kulawiec