Re: Barcode Email

From: Walter Roberson (roberson_at_ibd.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca)
Date: 07/28/05

Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:36:12 +0000 (UTC)

In article <oii7rb0y8deg.phb14c7vizkj$.dlg@40tude.net>,
Ari Silversteinn <abcarisilverstein@yahoo.comxyz> wrote:
:On 27 Jul 2005 12:12:52 -0700, Tom St Denis wrote:

:> The purpose though of many activities isn't to turn sales. I write my
:> projects as a learning experience and to serve others. It has nothing
:> to do with making money for myself.

:One day, when you move out of the house, have a family, God forbid, and
:live in the *real* world, you had better have inherited a bunch of money or
:you're going to starve. But, for now, since you have no *real* world
:issues, proceed with your charity work. Let others take care of you while
:you play World Saviour.

Ari, I would suggest that your ad hominem attacks on other posters
are turning off people who might otherwise be willing to listen
objectively and contribute to the discussion.

The fact that many of Tom's activities are not oriented towards making
money do not discredit Tom's ideas or skills or contributions.

His motivations are different than yours, which doesn't make his wrong
or worthy of put downs; indeed, his are more in line with the numerous
workplace studies that indicate that most people rank money as
somewhere between their 3rd and 6th most important motivator.

   -- Rich Kulawiec

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Barcode Email
    ... Ari Silversteinn wrote: ... :> to do with making money for myself. ... His motivations are different than yours, ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Collaborating with ComponentOne was a right choise?
    ... That's quite a different statement to 'making money is a necessary and ... central goal for Developer Express' or 'without money the rest is academic'. ... money the rest is academic' is not a statement about their motivations at ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Can You Make Money At Craps?
    ... It's hard to tell if other players are making money. ... I usually played one game besides slots - Craps. ...
    (rec.gambling.craps)
  • Re: Current test version of Chess 0.5
    ... Their objective is to make money. ... they are interested in making money. ... a computer language. ... Frank Heckenbach, frank@xxxxxxxx, http://fjf.gnu.de/ ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.misc)
  • Re: Goslin: More on the second hand smoke debate...
    ... There are people who enjoy making money for the mear sake of making ... Who said I wasn't going to cater to the under 21 crowd? ... Through the door and up two flights of stairs and you're in the ...
    (rec.sport.paintball)