Re: Barcode Email

From: Tom St Denis (tomstdenis_at_gmail.com)
Date: 07/26/05

Date: 26 Jul 2005 07:50:48 -0700

Ari Silversteinn wrote:
> > My 12 year old cfousin doesn't understand how DVD encryption works. but
> > he can use a DVD ripper like a Mo-Fo. And more "thought" and money went
> > into that snake-oil than went into your system.
>
> Good for him, he's a thief, hope your proud.

Where in that did he say he didn't first buy the DVD? You presume too
much.

[and besides, the real theft is of what little culture is left on earth
by the fat white people trying to make a buck out of anything with no
regard to craft or love of the talent, that's the real theft if you ask
me].

> > Take our advise, so we will crack you system as soon as we get our hands
> > on it.
> >
> > JLC
>
> A threat, how charming. Get back to your DVD ripper and get on to school.

Despite his lack of spelling abilities [he's french, cut him some
slack] he has a point. Your system sounds about as useful and likely
to be secure as using seran wrap enveloppes to secure documents...

Tom

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Barcode Email
    ... Where in that did he say he didn't first buy the DVD? ... You presume too ... the real theft is of what little culture is left on earth ... to be secure as using seran wrap enveloppes to secure documents... ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • secure /usr/src update
    ... in a secure and reliable way at all. ... portsnap which seems for me - in respect to the security issue - well ... if I buy a DVD I can trust the integrity of the ... on a - hopefull sufficient - secure way.) ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • You Rang MLord
    ... I have been fortunate enough to secure 3 copies of the DVD to give away via the website, and to be in with a chance of winning one of them, you have to answer the following, very simple, question: ...
    (uk.rec.competitions)
  • Both HD DVD and Blu-ray HD formats encryption cracked
    ... Both systems of the new HD DVDs were supposed to be super secure, ... software to decrypt the HD DVD format. ... to overcome anything the movie companies do in short order in the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: obscurity for key generation
    ... What I am asking is - is that a common problem? ... Generate two identitical DVD's full of secure random numbers, ... one DVD at each location. ... In reality all of these so called key exchange restrictions can ...
    (comp.security.misc)