Re: Should be in crypto for criminals Re: just stupid?

From: Joe Peschel (jpeschel_at_no.spam.org)
Date: 07/15/05

Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:49:38 -0000

Crypto@S.M.S wrote in news:11dfe1lkn45ahdb@news.supernews.com:

> By creating keyrings you open the users up
> to prosecution in areas where encryption is banned. It has already
> been shown that in the US, possession of cryptographic keyrings can
> be construed as criminal intent.

In what case has the possession of cryptographic keyrings been construed as
criminal intent?

http://www.impeach-bush-now.org
Joe Peschel
D.O.E. SysWorks
http://members.aol.com/jpeschel/index.htm

  • Re: Should be in crypto for criminals Re: just stupid?
    ... I was asking you to cite some evidence. ... possession of cryptographic keyrings can be construed as criminal intent." ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Should be in crypto for criminals Re: just stupid?
    ... >>been shown that in the US, possession of cryptographic keyrings can ... >>be construed as criminal intent. ... > In what case has the possession of cryptographic keyrings been construed as ... fact that encryption key rings can be used as incriminating evidence. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Should be in crypto for criminals Re: just stupid?
    ... >> been shown that in the US, possession of cryptographic keyrings can ... >> be construed as criminal intent. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Did the earth move for you too?
    ... between general criminal intent and specific criminal intent. ... To establish possession in Virginia, "it is necessary to show that the ... California for poessessing a firearm he honestly thought he was ... for a boat in the United States to carry a flare gun. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: ( RV) oddest thing loaned
    ... What places consider the possession of lock picks a crime in the absence of criminal intent? ... All fifty states would consider a burglar in possession of lock picking tools to have bought him or herself an additional charge of possession of criminal tools. ... In the other forty-six states you get them at the corner store, like Northern Tool or even the local drug store. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)