Re: A scheme of software protection

From: JiXian Yang (YJX_OnLine_at_126.com)
Date: 07/11/05

Date: 11 Jul 2005 07:13:47 -0700

Jan Panteltje wrote:
> Do I understand you build a virtual (soft) CPU with a differrent
> instruction set?
> That thing can be disassembled, and and then a debugger and disassembler
> written for it.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Some contents should be added to the paper when I found some reference
citations.
Suppose that there exist the debugger and disassembler and the
instruction set is not differrent, the effect might be:

Instruction_n;
Call Calculate_Offset_and_Jump;
Instruction_n+1;
Call Calculate_Offset_and_Jump;
Instruction_n+2;
Call Calculate_Offset_and_Jump;

Thanks again for you time.

Sincerely,

JiXian Yang

Relevant Pages

  • Re: A scheme of software protection
    ... JiXian Yang wrote: ... >> That thing can be disassembled, and and then a debugger and disassembler ... > instruction set is not differrent, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Getting started
    ... be it a module of a debugger or standalone. ... and produces an assembler ASM file. ... OK, so you call it mnemonics lister instead of disassembler, I was ...
    (comp.os.cpm)
  • Re: Creating a dis-assembler on my own - Project killed ...
    ... Hello Gerhard, ... not intention to copy the way an already functioning disassembler works, ... That's what I will try for my debugger, anyway, ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: Getting started
    ... Mr Emmanuel Roche, France wrote: ... be it a module of a debugger or standalone. ... To disassemble a program, the disassembler has to be able to discern which parts of the program are executable code, which are data, and which are text. ...
    (comp.os.cpm)
  • Re: Creating a dis-assembler on my own - Project killed ...
    ... that project and I will rather try to use NASMs disassembler. ... That's what I will try for my debugger, anyway, ... because maintaing the disassembler is quite a lot of effort and NAMS is proven ... Most of the lists do not even go as ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)