Re: Breaking RSA & Securing RSA

From: Michael Scott (mscott_at_indigo.ie)
Date: 07/06/05

Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 19:07:12 +0100

Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:
> Galathas wrote:
>

>> 8. Any other ideas ??
>
>..snipped
>
> - RSA over ECC can use smaller key sizes, as factoring over ECC is way
> harder.

Er... What? What is "factoring over ECC"? Factoring a composite doesn't
get harder depending on what you use it for.

Mike Scott

>>5. note: Finally, what are the most effective algorithms while
>> finding e and d ( i mean when calculating equation
>> (e*d) mod (phi(n)) = 1 and looking for d )? May you please
>> post it here, or post link to description of such algorithm?
>

> It's called Advanced Euklid's Algorithm and is so simple that you can't
> miss it.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Breaking RSA & Securing RSA
    ... > get harder depending on what you use it for. ... you want to suggest a way to apply GNFS at ECC? ... Sinne der gesetzlich garantierten Meinungsfreiheit dar. ... Wem das nicht ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: scott19u.zip
    ... mathematicians of previous centuries was insignificant. ... We've made more progress in factoring in the last ... Hence my comment about ECC. ... Rivest intended RSA to be used with computers. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: JSH: Importance of knowledge
    ... the "big unknown" they like to be informed of such things rapidly. ... I am pretty sure that the secret stuff of the government does not rely on something so weak as RSA encryption; I'd be surprised if anything weaker than ECC were used. ... the ease of factoring has no bearing on the difficulty of ECC. ... I've not seen your submission, but extrapolating from what I've seen in the newsgroup, it's going to be one of those that takes a bit more time than the average to properly review. ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Breaking RSA & Securing RSA
    ... > - RSA over ECC can use smaller key sizes, as factoring over ECC is way ... RSA over ECC? ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: PKI for very short (32bit) messages
    ... The shortest sigs and key sizes are possible with ECC for a given security ... level/strength. ...
    (sci.crypt)