Re: small block cipher

From: Nguyen Quynh Lan (nguyenquynhlan_at_gmail.com)
Date: 07/05/05

Date: 4 Jul 2005 15:53:00 -0700

"Arnaud Carré" <arnaud.carreNOSPAM@freesurf.fr> wrote in message news:<42c95c76$0$29947$626a14ce@news.free.fr>...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a *very* small block cipher algorithm (small in code). I
> know all classic and secure block ciphers such as AES, BlowFish, Serpent,
> Twofish, etc. All of these don't fit my requirement, wich is a "funny"
> crypto application in very few bytes of code. ( RC4 is perfect but I can't
> use stream cipher, because I have to crypt data in random access)
>
> Anyone know a very small block cipher ? (even if it's not highly secure,
> already broken, etc., just to know)

You should try Skipjack -- small code since it has a small data table
and it has no key setup routine.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: small block cipher
    ... > know all classic and secure block ciphers such as AES, BlowFish, Serpent, ... > use stream cipher, because I have to crypt data in random access) ...
    (sci.crypt)