Re: multiplicative group question

From: David Wagner (daw_at_taverner.cs.berkeley.edu)
Date: 07/03/05

Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 21:09:06 +0000 (UTC)

Kristian Gjøsteen wrote:
>Isn't the following a trivial example? Hom(Z_n*,Z_n*) is a ring, [..]

How do you represent elements of Hom(Z_n*,Z_n*) efficiently?
I don't see any way other than simply listing the truth table
of the mapping -- which is not a polynomial-size representation.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Hypothesis: Paradox of self-reference such as the Halting Problem is an error of reasoning (
    ... How is the term mathematical mapping typically formalized? ... to speak of truth in languages without relations. ...
    (sci.logic)
  • Re: Write protect memory
    ... how much you wanna bet? ... To tell the truth you made me doubt my answer, so I went and tried it out. ... there's no file underneath the mapping, but may be an issue if you're ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)
  • Re: Harassment of my sister by bailiffs
    ... Any chance of you listing your medication - Having seen the effects - ... I'm taking truth serum. ... There seems to be an assumption made on here, based on some sick kind ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Write protect memory
    ... I tried your piece of code & it works like a charm! ... > To tell the truth you made me doubt my answer, so I went and tried it out. ... > there's no file underneath the mapping, but may be an issue if you're ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)
  • Re: =?UTF-8?Q?Java=E2=80=99s?= Broken Booleans
    ... A truth is "naturally" worth more than a lie. ... There may not be a "natural" mapping to particular numbers, ... a natural ordering on Booleans in Java, ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)