Matrix-Multiplication: Security?

From: Anton (antonbischof_at_web.de)
Date: 05/27/05

    Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 12:13:12 +0200

    Hello,
    I've written a Delphi-program to encode textmessages with
    matrix-multiplication. The decoding-matrix is the inverse matrix of the
    encoding-matrix. You can choose a n-dimensional matrix.
    Now I'm wondering how secure this method is. How can I translate the
    "security" in bits (like "128 bits")?
    I have designed this program in our computer science lesson and my
    teacher want to know the security especially compared with standards
    like DES etc.
    I hope that somebody can help me!
    Thanks, Anton