Re: help with the blowfish lib, anyone?

tomstdenis_at_gmail.com
Date: 05/24/05

Date: 24 May 2005 07:54:25 -0700

frozt wrote:
> i've recently been attempting to use the blowfish implementation on
> c++. the lib consists of two .h files and one .c . i am using devc++.
> there are at least 5 different functions in the lib, and i can't find
> how to use it. any help is greatly appreciated.

First, ditch the C++ blowfish code. Grab yourself something like
OpenSSL which has a wider exposure, more scrutiny and higher level of
code security/stability.

Second, what problem are you trying to solve that Blowfish was intended
to be the solution for?

Third, why oh why doesn't Anakin see that Darth Sidius is behind his
misfortunes?

Tom

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Help with understanding sub-key generation in Blowfish
    ... > I have blowfish code in my LibTomCrypt library. ... loops, whereas all of the code I have seen does 18 loops (which would ... Blowfish is 448. ... I can't understand why a repeated key is the same as the individual ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Blowfish Initialization oddness
    ... problems with Counterpane's blowfish code (virtually all 5 C/C++ ... ciphertext with different keys. ... >concatentating the input key enough times to generate at least 448 bits and ...
    (sci.crypt)