Re: Hyper-Threading Considered Harmful

From: David Wagner (daw_at_taverner.cs.berkeley.edu)
Date: 05/17/05

    Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 04:27:57 +0000 (UTC)

    Tom Linden wrote:
    >So do you believe the VMS is reasonably secure only due to its relative
    >obscurity, or do you think the security module is adequately robust?

    I'm afraid I don't understand what your question has to do with the post
    you were responding to, but since you asked: I don't know enough about
    VMS to have any opinion on it.

    In case it was unclear, I wasn't recommending security through obscurity.
    I was talking about how to choose among multiple countermeasures, all of
    which successfully stop the attack, but at different costs and with different
    requirements on the rest of the system.