Re: Crypto Algorithm Calling Interfaces

From: David Wagner (daw_at_taverner.cs.berkeley.edu)
Date: 05/13/05

Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 08:55:04 +0000 (UTC)

BRG wrote:
>At the risk of starting a flame war, I would be interested to hear
>people's preferences _and_ their rationale for their choice.

I don't have any strong opinions, but:
Have you considered something like the following?
    AES_encrypt(out, in, context);
    AES_cbc_encrypt(out, in, nblocks, key, iv);
Rationale: this ordering of parameters is intended to be parallel
to the order of parameters to memcpy(), strcpy(), etc.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Crypto Algorithm Calling Interfaces
    ... > BRG wrote: ... >>At the risk of starting a flame war, I would be interested to hear ... > I don't have any strong opinions, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Crypto Algorithm Calling Interfaces
    ... BRG wrote: ... > At the risk of starting a flame war, I would be interested to hear ... Statistics, and Computer Science, University of Illinois at Chicago ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • [Full-disclosure] Risk measurements
    ... This has allowed me to be drawn into a flame war with Tim, ... In a few weeks I am submitting a series of papers on risk modelling. ... if the cost of a compromise is less than the fix, ... I cannot win at a flame war nor against rhetoric. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Had a tick bite on holiday. Do I need to start antibiotics
    ... > "There are different opinions whether preventative measures should be taken ... > Why don't you just answer Marc, instead of criticizing people replying to ... travel risk specialization.. ...
    (sci.med.diseases.lyme)
  • Re: FA: 1955/55 DDO Lincoln Cent PCGS MS-64 RD Oly..this ones for YOU
    ... I have yet to find two identical opinions. ... accept that risk. ... buy declines to a fraction of the selling price, ... But if I purchase the object coin today, ...
    (rec.collecting.coins)